Friday, October 30, 2015

Weekly "What I Wore"

Last week I gave the social media world a glimpse inside my mess of a closet in the first edition of Weekly "What I Wore". This week, I'll shift my focus from just outfit descriptions to key pieces that help me transition from cool mornings to warm afternoons or vice versa. 






Here in Charlotte, we start our fall mornings at a crisp 50 degrees and end the day around 70-75. Sometimes (like it was on Monday), we start at 70-75 and end at 50. There's no telling. Either way, dressing for the office can get tricky as I'm trying balance business casual, trendy and comfortable.  

As I've begun keeping track of my outfits, I've noticed 3 things -

  1. I own a TON of Old Navy stuff (good to know that credit card is getting use) 
  2. My picture quality and outfit selfie pics could use some work, so bear with me, and  
  3. My dog is a professional photo-bomber. I mean, look at that model stare. You go, Boone.  


OOTD Monday


I'm pretty much obsessed with this scarf and when I got it I couldn't wait to see what it'd go with since the colors were a vibrant mix of both cool and warm tones. Today, I chose solid ankle-length pants to pick up the purple colored stripes. I loved how I could wear it draped for a longer look or wrapped around my neck for warmth. Next time, I think I'll try a solid royal blue shirt for simplicity or maybe even a black & white striped long sleeve tee to mix patterns.







Old Navy Plaid Blanket Scarf // Old Navy Pixie Pants // Joe Fresh for JCPenny Beige Button Up Blouse // Burlington Coat Factory Beaded Tassel Necklace (similar HERE) // Michael Kors Rose Gold Watch (discontinued) // Kliik Denmark Prescription Glasses // Rack Room Nude Suede Wedges // OPI Gel Nail Polish - "Schnapps out of it" 


OOTD Wednesday


This outfit was a little more edgy than I usually wear to work but I just bought these boots and I'm trying to find every excuse to wear them. I'm digging the longer skirts this season (especially since my legs are so long). This one in particular sits right above my hips and goes down to my knees so I'll frequently wear it with a tucked in shirt. This time I paired it with a military inspired cargo vest and a long silver leaf necklace to pull it all together. The vest is perfect for fall layering and can easily be dressed up or down.  






Old Navy Green Cargo Vest (similar HERE) // Striped Long Sleeve Tee // Silver Leaf Pendant Necklace (similar HERE) // Old Navy Knee-Length Pencil Skirt (with pockets!) // Silver Bangle Bracelet (grandmother's) // Old Navy Black Suede Ankle Booties




OOTD Thursday


Apparently I'm feeling the raspberry-ish color this week...
I grabbed this feminine collared dress, an open cardigan, knit infinity scarf and wedged boots for a quick morning outfit. I knew the temperature was supposed to go up as the day went on, so I brought my leopard flats to change into. Lose the scarf too and you've got a perfect warm fall afternoon outfit. I wear this dress nearly year-round!








Banana Republic Button-up Dress // Beige Open Cardigan // Beige Knit Infinity Scarf (similar HERE) // Cognac Wedge Boots // Threaded Tear Drop Earrings // Target Leopard Odell Ballet Flats // White and Gold Chevron Bracelet (similar HERE)



OOTD Friday


Just for giggles - and apparently to keep up with this week's trend - I wanted to see how I could incorporate raspberry into just one more outfit. Friday at the office is casual (hooray jeans!) and since I'm focusing on pieces that help with transition, I paired this long sleeve tee with a JCrew inspired vest and fun statement necklace. 





 

Target Long Sleeve Tee (similar HERE) // JCrew Inspired Herringbone Vest // Walmart Statement Necklace // Target Dark Skinny Jeans // Old Navy Black Studded Loafers // Rhinestone Bangle Bracelet (gift) (similar HERE) // Gold Chain Link Bracelet (similar HERE




Well that just about wraps up this week's version of What I Wore -Transition Piece Edition. 

I'm always looking for ideas on how to be fashionable during that awkward in-between-seasons time, so if you want to chat or give feedback, please reach out!  Also - feel free to share any of my outfits via the "Pin it" button, visible whenever when you hover over a picture. 

Have a great weekend, everyone!