Friday, October 16, 2015

Welcome to Cocktails & Creatives!


Welcome to Cocktails & Creatives!  


Let's be honest - does anyone ever really know how to write their first blog post? I'm going with 'no' SO here's my rendition and a little background on what to expect from this waste of internet space, er, project I probably won't keep up with well-written, self-expressing masterpiece (I came up with that myself). 

1. Who Am I? 


I'm a 25 year old female living in Charlotte, North Carolina and trying to make my way through life all while pretending I'm an adult. Just kidding, kind of - I pay my bills on time, I swear. 

I'm originally from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania but was relocated to Charlotte when I was 8. I always have been and always will be a Steelers fan, but I've also grown a liking to the local Carolina Panthers (or maybe it's just Luke Kuechly... whatever).

I graduated from Appalachian (APP-A-LATCH-IN... pleeeeasse say it correctly. Seriously, pet peeve) State University in May of 2012 with a BSBA in Marketing and a minor in Supply Chain Management. Go 'Neers!

I am the human companion to a 2 year old 110lb German Shepherd/Rottie mix who enjoys destroying every toy I buy him, carrying frisbees and tennis balls around like they're going out of style and he also likes to make his mommy vacuum twice a day (I asked for an actual "pet vacuum cleaner" for Christmas last year, it's the real deal).




2. Why Am I Blogging? 


Because scrapbooking got too expensive
*see title of blog* I like alcohol and I like being creative and I realllly like when I get to do both at the same time. But the real reason I'm blogging is because I'm always either making something, cooking something, going somewhere, trying something new or stalking Pinterest for ideas for everything I just mentioned... and there's usually a glass (or 5) of wine involved.

I'm a brewery snob, a craft addict, an adventurer, a fashion newbie and a master in the kitchen (well, still working on that one) and you're about to go on a wild ride with me of documenting all of it. 
Thank me later.

On this blog you'll find everything from reviews on local places, to weekend recaps, to new recipes I'm trying, to my #OOTD (outfit of the day), to the latest tassel necklaces I'm making. It's kinda going to be all over the place and I can't wait. 

3. Let's Connect!


I'm always down to make new friends/chat with current ones! I love fresh ideas, fresh faces and fresh fruit (I ran out of 'fresh' phrases, 'fresh fruit' will have to work), you get the point. Follow my Instagram, add me on Facebook, stalk my boards on Pinterest, connect with me professionally on LinkedIn, leave a comment below or chat with me on AOL AIM @ sportschik14 - that's still a thing right? Kidding, again. I like to grab coffee and/or beer, or maybe both (#stayhydrated) so if you enjoy the same, let's connect!   



Well, that about wraps up my first post. 
I hope you enjoyed getting to know a little bit about me and my blog. 
Come back soon!