Friday, November 13, 2015

30 Day Challenges



I know, I know. It's not the "New Year, New Me" - it's the middle of November - but I was thinking the other day about how much I truly look forward to challenges. Unfortunately I always either get bored, give up or accidentally forget about it, so today I'm focusing my post on four challenges i'll be completing over the next few months. I wanted to pick things that I know are fun, manageable, will hold me accountable and most importantly will benefit me/my mind in some shape or form. Let's get started! 



30 Day Photography Challenge


I picked this one because photography is my hidden passion. My mom always told me I had an eye for photography and I literally send her every picture I take, just for her vote of confidence. Thanks, Mom! Granted, I don't have a super nice camera and I'm by no means a professional (hello, iPhone 5 quality and insta filters - what, what!). To me, this one is more of a mental challenge as I try to remember to document each day. I think I'll make this challenge into one big post at the end of 30 days & lump all my pictures together. PS - don't be mad if my dog, Boone, has a cameo in more than one of these days.




30 Day Fitness Challenge


I picked this challenge because I can always use a good butt-kicking workout. I frequent the gym / take fitness classes / walk the dog everyday, but nothing really structured. This challenge won't be necessarily documented (unless you guys want "before & after" pics) because I simply cannot figure out how to do a crunch and take a picture of it at the same time, haha. No, seriously. I don't have a personal photographer and I'm definitely not that coordinated. However, I'll probably share pictures from fitness adventures outside this challenge so keep an eye out.  





30 Day Blogging Challenge


I picked this challenge because it makes me think about a diary I used to keep when I was a little girl. I had this tiny little cot of a bed that I made a fort under. I'd use a desk lamp for light, plug in my AM/FM radio and just listen to music and write. It was a Lisa Frank notebook (who remembers those crazy colored kits?). I was probably 6 or 7 years old, so I'd practice my cursive, writing with my opposite hand, creating poems or jot down things about life. In fact, my best friend when I was 8 found out I was moving from Pittsburgh to Charlotte in my diary #SaddestDayEver. I digress, I think writing on a more personal basis might be like chicken noodle soup... good for the soul. I plan on these being daily posts, a little more intimate and open.





Lastly, 30 25 Days of Christmas


Well, I just had to do this one because the Holiday season is quickly approaching - HOWEVER, I do promise I won't start until December 1st for all you Ebeneezer Scrooge's. It's not so much a challenge as a "fun things to do" list since I don't plan on going in order and it probably won't snow in Charlotte. Notice there's no "build a snowman" or "sled down a hill" listed. Bummer, right? I plan on these being sporadic posts, probably throughout the week to catch you up on weekend activities. Feel free to share this one since I created it myself! 





I hope everyone had a felt-short but felt-productive week. I don't know about you but I am 100% looking forward to this weekend and kick starting these 30 Day Challenges! 
What kind of challenges do you have in mind for the upcoming months?