Friday, November 20, 2015

Day 5: Blogging Challenge



Day Five: A time you thought about ending your own life.


My goodness these are super intimate questions. I can't say I've ever wanted to end my life, but there are times when I definitely just wanted to give up. Give up trying, give up caring, give up fighting. Sometimes it was in school or with athletics. Most times it was with relationships - family, boyfriends, friends. But for me, it was those same things that also kept me from quitting, from saying "I'm done". When my family wasn't there for me, my friends stepped in. When my friends weren't there for me, my parents took my side. When I got frustrated with school or sports, both helped. My point is that if you are willing to seek help, guidance and support IT IS THERESince I don't have much to talk about on this subject, I'm going to provide guidance for anyone who may be going through a tough time. 






I can't imagine what either of these guys were thinking or feeling, but....

When I was a teenager I found out my uncle committed suicide. 
It was in front of a group of people. His funeral was open casket.
My mom and her siblings cried for days.

When I was in my 20's a good friend's brother committed suicide. 
They found his body on a river bank. 
His mom and family are still grieving, that was over 2 years ago.

We still don't know why either did it or what we could have done to help.





SUICIDE PREVENTION LIFELINE
1(800)-273-8255
24 Hours, 7 Days a Week
www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org



Not such a happy post today, but it's Friday and I'll cheers to that & the help and resources available in our country for those that need it.