Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Day 8: Blogging Challenge




Day Eight: A moment you felt most satisfied with your life.


Dude. Easiest post ever... when I completed the 
Reebok Spartan Sprint Race in Charlotte, NC [Spring of 2013]



About | Spartan’s shortest course at 5+ miles but 20+ obstacles including mud, fire, walls and barbed wire. If you fail an obstacle along the way, you owe 30 burpees before continuing on. It is perfect for athletes of all levels; from Spartan first timers to seasoned racers. There are three main types of Spartan Races; The Sprint, The Super is 8+ miles, 24+ obstacles, often hosted on a tougher terrain and the hardest of the three races is the Beast at 12+ miles and 30+ obstacles. 

 


Race Day | It was a very cold and wet 50 degree day in Charlotte. The race was actually in question of being postponed due to rain flooding and unstable conditions over the previous couple nights. The girls and I had been talking about this race for months and a few even traveled from surrounding cities to join our race group. One of the mom's racing with us had completed a Spartan before and recommended we use gloves and wristbands. We also duck taped our shoes on to avoid losing them in the mud (the race website had a "RIP shoes" picture of all lost shoes). We found out after the race that Charlotte was dubbed the "Dirtiest Spartan Race" of the year... no wonder I was still getting it out of my ears.

Takeaways | This was easily one of the most physically challenging things I've ever done in my life. But it was just so awesome to cross that finish line and know that I was a Spartan. I was sore for a week, was covered in cuts and bruises, had to wash my clothes SIX times to get all the mud out and was literally shaking I was so cold and muddy afterwards BUT I would do it all again in a heart beat.


Keep scrolling to see some awesome pictures of the obstacles and race course. 
I'm the one in the bright green shirt! 
(photo credit: friend's mom's and Reebok race crew)


 BeforeAll cute in our bright tanks and Spartan Headbands #FeelinFierce





During Getting a lil' muddy, sweaty and tired #FeelinDead















AfterFreezing, exhausted, disgusting, accomplished #WeDidItAndDidntDie






 


This brings a whole new meaning to "Mud Mask". Onto Day 9!