Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Swaying Toward Suede

So, I'll be honest. When I first saw these skirts on the racks I was like (and this is verbatim), "Oh my gosh, those are hideous. Who would wear that? It looks like it's straight out of the 70's!" - if you don't believe me, just ask Leslie of With a Side of Chocolate.

Yet here I am - following 3 days of pinning "Suede Skirt Outfits" - and debating if I should buy one or not.

Thoughts
On a shelf? Awful. Totally not my style. Can't mix with anything. But what if the buttons come undone? I'd look like a hooker.
On a person? Adorable. Dress up or down. Maybe I get a zippered front instead of buttons? Can I wear it to work? With high boots, low boots?

I've compiled some of my favorite outfit ideas below, along with a few options for purchasing (um, one of these is like $17 - how do I say no to that?). I really had no idea this skirt was so versatile! I think I'm starting to sway toward suede...


Spring/Fall Looks

Via |Via |Via


Summer Looks

Via |Via |Via


Winter Looks

Via || Via || Via



Shopping Options




Are you joining the suede skirt trend? How would you style your skirt?