Monday, November 30, 2015

Thankful Thinking



First of all - Happy belated Thanksgiving to you and yours from Cocktails & Creatives! I hope everyone had a safe holiday and celebrated with full bellies and full hearts.

Secondly - Since I felt today's Blog Challenge topic had essentially already been covered, I wanted to take some time and instead - in true Thanksgiving spirit - express my gratitude for life. Too many times I find myself complaining about what doesn't go right, things I'm stressed about, people I'm angry with and how I don't want to get out of bed in the morning. 

The truth is, I have so so so (times infinity) much to be thankful for. 
Keep reading for my top "Reasons to be Thankful"...


this fur child | This dog is everything to me. He's my best friend, my companion, my snuggle buddy and my reason to come home. He's a huge pain in my ass (sorry for the language) but he's just so full of love and slobbery kisses that I can't possibly stay mad at him for doing laps around my coffee table and knocking over my glass of red wine onto the white (now pink) carpet. 



these chicks | These girls rock. They're the reason for smiles on my face and laughter in my heart. There's something so calming knowing they will always be there for me and will always be honest (sometimes too honest...ahem) and are always up for a good time. 




a roof over my head | Sometimes this one gets overlooked as I forget to think of it as a blessing and instead just part of every day life. Not everyone has a roof and 4 walls surrounding them. I'm lucky to have my cute little 1000 sq ft lofted townhouse, complete with utilities and some furniture that's seen better days.   






my family | Can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em. We fight, we laugh, we cry and we forget to call each other... but I wouldn't trade them for the world. It might have taken me until I was 24 to realize it, but it's amazing how much I really appreciate these fools. 






so much food  | I'm so thankful that not only am I able to keep food on my table, but also a fully stocked pantry and fridge. I have the ability to eat well & eat often. I tend to overlook the fact that if my stomach growls I can just walk to the kitchen. I'm also thankful that I inherited a love for cooking. On a side note, if I had to live on one food for the rest of my life? Pizza fa sho. 






success | I might not know what I'm doing in life but I do know that I keep growing and I keep learning. To me, that is successful and I am thankful for the opportunities I have been given (and earned) from a career aspect. It's fun getting paid for a job you enjoy doing!







I'm thankful for you taking the time to read my post today. Have a great week and don't forget to recognize the things you're grateful for this Holiday season!