Friday, January 15, 2016

Helpful Hints: What to Wear to a Sporting Event

So this post is pretty hilarious coming from someone who usually has absolutely no problem picking out what to wear to an event - t-shirt or jersey, duh. However, when you decide to bring a cute guy along and you're 4 rows from the front, it might be time to look a little more feminine.  

Charlotte is one of the coolest cities when it comes to sporting events. With everything from the Charlotte Knights (Minor League Baseball) to the Carolina Panthers (NFL) to the Charlotte Hounds (Minor League Lacrosse), one of them is bound to be in season. 

Working for Coca-Cola, I get a few cool perks - like tickets to the Charlotte Hornets games. I've been to nearly 5 games this season and every single time I'm raiding my walk-in closet like "OMG I have nothing to wear". I start Pinteresting, Googling, stalking friend's Facebooks & Instas (no, really. Don't act like you haven't done it) and still nothing. I figured I couldn't be the only one who looks up "cute basketball/football/hockey outfit" as a last minute effort to look presentable. 

Below I've posted a few of my favorites that could incorporate the team colors, but that also doesn't make me go shopping the day before. I used basic items I already have in my closet and paired them together to complete the look. 






A blazer dresses up this otherwise casual outfit. 
Skinny jeans and scalloped flats balance out the relaxed tee. 




Throw some staple items together like this chambray shirt and black skinny jeans. 
Dress it up with the camel pea coat and a bright red clutch.




Change the clutch out with one in your team colors and you can rock this to any event. 
For a more casual look, swap the booties for colored flats. 




So maybe I kinda wrote this to just help myself get ready faster but maybe it could benefit you too. What would you wear/what have you worn to a sporting event?