Wednesday, November 09, 2016

CHARLOTTE FALL FUN

Fall is easily my favorite season. I'm not obsessed per say but definitely enthralled. It's like a whole new world and the excitement of cooler weather, changing colors, holidays and fire pit hangin' kicks in. 

So today I'm sharing some of our Fall fun plus 10 links to easy Fall crafts that can help you celebrate the season! 






Our Fall Fun



Johnny Simpson Pumpkin Lot │ Highway 51



A last minute "I'm so hangry" lunch date at Zoes Kitchen in Carmel Commons in South Charlotte a few weeks ago turned into a full-fledged #Basic Fall day. 

We ate our Tossed Greek Salads (hold the olives) on the porch in hoodies and ball caps. We walked to Amelies French Bakery (3 macaroons, 2 almond milk vanilla lattes and 1 salted caramel brownie, you HAVE to try one). Then we picked out "baby boo" pumpkins at the cutest little temporary pumpkin lot. Yes, that's the name of them, I couldn't make that up if I tried. They had some of the craziest looking pumpkin options - not sure some of them were even considered pumpkins? - and we were nothing short of big little kids trying to find our favorite to bring home. We picked two small ones and styled them on our front porch.

Johnny Simpson Pumpkin Lot is located just off 485, about 5 minutes from Ballantyne. Somehow, in almost 3 years of living nearly next door, I had never been. It's a great spot to bring families and not overly crowded. 







Hall Family Farm │ Providence Road West



This is one of the more popular pumpkin patches in Charlotte and the crowds reflect it. Located just South of Ballantyne, it's a quick 20 minute drive from our house. Parking situations can get tricky but might be worth it if you make a day of visiting.

Unfortunately for us, Charlotte weather was feelin' sassy and cooked up a 90 degree day. I could definitely see this pumpkin patch being way more fun in cooler weather, but instead we walked in, walked to the very back of the patch, scooped our pumpkins, checked out and immediately turned the A/C on in the car. We went about a week before Halloween but there was already bare minimum pickings for pumpkins. 

Aside from the pumpkin patch, the farm had a corn maze, hay rides, kids activities, bonfires and refreshments available. We just didn't get to enjoy them because we were literally getting sunburn. Thanks, Charlotte.

We did find two perfectly carvable pumpkins though. Every year since I was little my family has used Pumpkin Masters Carving Kits to make our masterpieces. This was Kevin's first year and as we're perusing Target for our templates, he stumbled across a Star Wars kit instead and it was immediately game over, cue Boba Fett. 

We had a blast cleaning out pumpkins and saving the seeds (anyone else not bothered by the "guts"?). 

Of course there was wine. Not sure why you even asked.




Links to: 
Johnny Simpson Facebook │ Hall Family Farm Facebook 




Fall Crafting 




I couldn't agree more with this comment a follower on my Instagram left. So, below I've rounded up 10 of my top picks for fun Fall crafts that will help you enjoy every bit of this season! Everything from kid friendly to more advanced, I hope something ruffles your leaves ... see what I did there?





I don't know about you guys, but I'm trying to soak in every bit of this gorgeous season and weather before Christmas completely takes over. Soon, we'll skip over Thanksgiving and head straight into December and gift giving! Slow doowwwnn, 2016!